The System Center 2012 Service Manager – Exchange Connector 3.0 connects System Center 2012 – Service Manager to Exchange for processing incoming emails related to incidents and change requests. The emails can update the incident action log or change the status of an incident to resolved or closed. Incoming emails with special keywords allow a change request reviewer to approve or reject a review activity and activity implementers can mark activities assigned to them as completed. The SendEmail solution allows analysts to send messages to users via email from the console.
New features include:
- Support for impersonation so you can now have multiple Exchange connectors monitoring different mailboxes each with their own unique configuration
- Each user in the To/CC of each email is added as a Related configuration item to the work item
- Works with Office 365
- The Exchange Web Service URL to connect to can be configured instead of relying on auto discovery
- Works with service requests
- Any kind of work item can be created from a template – incident, service request, etc.
- Update problem records
- Much more detailed logging
- Detailed event log logging is turned off by default
- The email itself can be optionally added as an attachment to the work item